Re: throwing out perfectly good trains and trams

Vaughan Williams wrote:
> snip
>
> The W's are better than the Z's in hot weather because they have better
> ventilation, and they also have higher capacity, and use less
> electricity due to being lighter.
>
> I don't mean to pour shit on new rolling stock - I just would have
> spent the money differently. And I do object to throwing out trains and
> trams that are still serviceable.

Do you have information on the maintenance and operation costs of these
"serviceable" trams?  Can you provide information on the reliability of
these "serviceable" trams?  How does the speed, acceleration, braking
performance of these "serviceable" trams compare with modern vehicles?

Above all else can you show that the general public, particularly those
who are not forced to use public transport, as opposed to gunzels,
support your viewpoint and would travel on these relics of the past?

Chris