Re: w-class accident

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> Our information is that it was indeed a brake failure, no injuries
> though god knows how as both trams were quite badly damaged.
>
> Further evidence that the new brake system doesn't work. The ready
> reserve W's should be brought into service immediately while the
> regular ones are put back the way they were.
>
> And both tram companies should be prosecuted by Workcover, and the
> Director of Public Transport has an awful lot of explaining to do.
>
> Vaughan
>
> In article <393E53DF.ED26A1D6@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au>,
>   remove VICSIG <> wrote:
> > > Does anyone know anything about an accident involving a w-class (
> city
> > > circle I believe) that happened at  around 3:20pm at the corner of
> > > spencer and fliders?
> >
> > It was W.925 into the back of A2.295 they are now at Southbank Depot,
> no
> > injuries reported.
> >
> > (Was it another brake failure?)
> >
> > --
> >
> > Chris Gordon

> > http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig
> > e-mail - cmgord@alphalink.com.au
> > ICQ number: 32989450
> > Mobile Phone: 0409 255 620
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I can under stand the sentimental attraction to the W class. But my self
and many of my fellow drivers do not want to drive any W class. They
were designed as a two crew tram, not one. Even without the brake
problems they are far short of being adequate for a modern tram service.
They should fast track the new trams from overseas.