Re: w-class accident

Our information is that it was indeed a brake failure, no injuries
though god knows how as both trams were quite badly damaged.

Further evidence that the new brake system doesn't work. The ready
reserve W's should be brought into service immediately while the
regular ones are put back the way they were.

And both tram companies should be prosecuted by Workcover, and the
Director of Public Transport has an awful lot of explaining to do.

Vaughan

In article <393E53DF.ED26A1D6@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au>,
  remove VICSIG <> wrote:
> > Does anyone know anything about an accident involving a w-class (
city
> > circle I believe) that happened at  around 3:20pm at the corner of
> > spencer and fliders?
>
> It was W.925 into the back of A2.295 they are now at Southbank Depot,
no
> injuries reported.
>
> (Was it another brake failure?)
>
> --