Re: Glenbrook Inquiry

Unless I have missed something, I am rather surprised by the lack of real
comment in this group about the findings of the enquiry.
Indicators Boards for the Blue Mountains ?? - a rather significant red herring
by the union, which seems to have been picked up by the enquiry.  There is
technically already such a board at Glenbrook, since Glenbrook does have its
small emergency panel in the relay hut on the western end of the platform.  Who
is going to monitor these boards, especially when locations like Glenbrook are
unattended, or even when the station staff are required to attend to other
station duties ??  Another dispute looming ??  Who is going to pay for possible
extra staff, or for the likely request for extra money to attend to additional
duties - remember that technically Network Control (and Signallers are attached
to Network Control) is allied with RAC, and not CityRail etc.
A common radio system for all CityRail trains - already exists for CityRail -
what about for the other operators, since surely this is the major issue ??
Parochial attitudes, especially by NRC crews ??  Like to call Adelaide before
calling the most appropriate local location, at least from what I have seen, and
have heard from numerous sources, including from within the enquiry.

Any comments ??

As well, does anyone know if the report is available publicly commercially, such
as through the GIS bookshop ??

--

Regards

David Donald