Re: Powerhouse Museum, Sydney

James C wrote in message
<3948be27$0$493$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
>It's been a while since I visit Power House Museum, I remembered 10 years
>ago it was still free to visit it.

Not any more unfortunately - $8 for adults and $3 for concession IIRC.
Still, quite good for gunzels. Restored 1850's carriages (though you used to
be able to hop inside them - not now, it's all glassed off); restored Loco
No. 1 (the first locomotive), another loco (58 class? Not sure), the
destination board mentioned in my earlier post, a horse-drawn tram, etc.
etc.

Also - has anybody been to the public transport exhibition in NSW Parliament
House? (It may have closed now)..... there's not much there - just displays
full of photos of trains, trams, ferries, etc. over the years. I was a
little disappointed myself.....

Regards,
Bradley.