Re: Powerhouse Museum, Sydney

Yes....

Power House is the best museum I've ever visit (that includes some overseas
museum I visited) I though few years ago the museum recieved a commisioner's
carriage from SRA. Where do they keep it?

As a museum overall, it provides great information for railfans and
technology fans.

Cheers
James

Bradley Torr <btorr@bigpond.nospam.com> wrote in message
3948c649@pink.one.net.au">news:3948c649@pink.one.net.au...

> James C wrote in message
> <3948be27$0$493$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
> >It's been a while since I visit Power House Museum, I remembered 10 years
> >ago it was still free to visit it.
>
> Not any more unfortunately - $8 for adults and $3 for concession IIRC.
> Still, quite good for gunzels. Restored 1850's carriages (though you used
> be able to hop inside them - not now, it's all glassed off); restored Loco
> No. 1 (the first locomotive), another loco (58 class? Not sure), the
> destination board mentioned in my earlier post, a horse-drawn tram, etc.
> etc.
>
> Also - has anybody been to the public transport exhibition in NSW
Parliament