Powerhouse Museum, Sydney

On Queen's Birthday Holiday I paid a visit to the Powerhouse Museum in
Ultimo (big mistake because I kept tripping over hordes of toddlers running
around everywhere - but that's another story). Anyway, a couple of
questions:

(1) There was a small exhibit about the opening of the first railway in NSW
between Sydney and Parramatta, and the completion of the Long Cove Viaduct
which enabled this line to be opened. Looking through my Sydway, I can find
no such place as "Long Cove". Where abouts is this viaduct located? I am
guessing it's between Lewisham and Summer Hill (the viaduct which goes over
the Hawthorne Canal and the goods line near the Mungo Scott flour mills),
but can't be sure. Any help?

(2) The grand old destination board from Sydney Terminal, pre-1982.
According to an information near this restored icon, the destinations and
times displayed on the board are from an authentic 1937 timetable, and the
board itself has been repainted and redecorated to reflect its 1930's
appearance. Down the bottom of the board beneath the destinations, there are
often various coloured boards showing the names of the trains - "Riverina
Express", "Through West Mail", "Brisbane Limited", etc. etc. These
nameboards were coloured - red for the northern lines, green for the
southern lines and yellow for the western lines - the exact same colours
used on modern CityRail maps! Were these colour codes used back in the
1930's?

Thanks in advance,
Bradley.