Re: Powerhouse Museum, Sydney

The NSWGR began using colour-coded system maps for the suburban network
in the late-1930's. These were a copy of similar colour-coded maps used
on the London Underground and are very similar to the maps we see today.

I'm not sure if colour-coding was employed on country routes however.
There may have been other reasons for the different colour signage.

Roy H