Re: [NSW] CityRail ticketing query.

"Ian Craddy" <ian@abc.gov.au> wrote in message
mnV15.99$re6.443458@news0.optus.net.au">news:mnV15.99$re6.443458@news0.optus.net.au...
> From City Rail Fare Calculator:
> http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/fares/faresframe.htm
>
> All fares are calculated via the shortest possible route of travel between
> the two locations.
> When a longer route of travel exists between two locations, break of
journey
> on RailPass and FlexiPass ticket is permitted only on the shortest or
other
> CityRail-approved route of travel.

I know all that, I was using Rod's reasoning. The shortest route from
Cheltenham to the City is via Strathfield.

All he has to do is buy a Hornsby to City ticket from a booking office ONCE
and then use the top up feature on the ticket machines to renew it. This can
be done at any station that the ticket is valid for.

Dave