Re: Not Enough Endeavours Was NSW...Port Kembla

"Eric Cartman" <erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote in message
39462c07$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39462c07$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> Dave
>
> Not eveyone has a car. I'm actually shocked that Bathurst is part of the
> CityRail network for ticketing.........

Politics.

> How would an Endeavour go performance wise of the mountains (I'm presuming
> that the train if ever introduced would run in service Lithgow - Bathurst
> with the occasional maintenance run - probably empty - to/from Sydney.)?

Who knows - but an Endeavour service from Bathurst to Sydney would *hve* to
be infrequent. The economics dictate a Bathurst to Lithgow service. Once you
start to talk about a Bathurst to Lithgow service, a road coach emerges as
the better option, due to travelling times (arounf 50% quicker by road).

Dave