Re: Ausrail FAQ (was is aus.rai bad)

"Eric Cartman" <erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote in message
3945d361@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3945d361@news.iprimus.com.au...

> Chris
>
> In relation to the aus.rail FAQ that I have written, I am quite happy to
> take it to the next step whenever it is ready. There are other posts on
here
> about a FAQ post and I think we need to decide if it is going to be
> web-based or re-posted every (insert period here) in the NG.

Usenet based is better, since some people download all posts and read off
line - not possible with a web-based FAQ.

> To all

Haven't seen "all"posting in here, although he does post in other groups.
:-) Sorry, I use that line when on IRC, when someone enters and says "Hi
everyone". Could not resist it.

Back to the serious stuff.

> Personally, the FAQ I have designed is more about the newsgroup itself
> rather than specific train based questions. I do not have the technical
> knowledge of all the systems in such things as train mechanics,
safeworking
> etc etc. If anyone does have this knowledge and can send the relevant text
> etc to me, I'm quite happy to add to the FAQ I am hosting.

Again, sounds good to me. Perhaps there should be a little mailing list
started up of an FAQ committee - to decide what goes in and what doesn't -
basically, to decide when a frequent question gets to the stage where it
should be in the FAQ. The answers would have been provided in the newsgroup
anyway.

> Maybe it should be added as a section of Railpage?

That also is a good idea, although I think that a regualr posting should
still be made.

Dave