Re: A Ride on Central Highlands Tourist Railway

James C wrote:

> Beautiful! just beautiful!!
>
> How far away is the tourist railway away from Bendigo line??? I noticed the
> track from Bullarto to Tylden is very much in place.
>
> Cheers
> James

The CHTR runs from Daylesford station to Bullarto every Sunday using
restored (and I mean restored! :-) ) VR railmotors. Daylesford is a fair
way from the Bendigo line. I think its about 40 minutes by car from
Woodend, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm also not sure about public
transport, but if you have a car Daylesford is about an hour and 30 to
40 minutes drive from the northern suburbs if you go up the Calder
freeway and then on the main road from Woodend. Another route if you
live in the western suburbs is the Western Freeway and then the main
road from Ballan (I think). As for public transport, I think there is a
bus service from Woodend station but you'll have to check with V/Line.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au