Re: Most hated trains in Australia! :-) (was: Favourite train/tram [Aus wide])

Hi James,

> I heard of different experience from people who travelled by mail trains.
> Some said mail trains are like hell and some reckons mail trains are the
> ultamate rail expereince.

A favourite of mine was #7 "North West mail".Rode it a few
times from Broadmeadow to Scone where I would get off and
catch #8 back again to Broadmeadow. Usually it was hauled by
a 36. One night it had 3616 with the Giesl ejector. That was
in 1966.

By 1967 I was a driver and chased it at night using the
tactical thermonuclear flashbulbs. Have a big print of one
of the night shots hanging on the darkroom wall.

Regards

GT