Re: Passenger Trains on Wharves

Barry Campbell wrote in message ...

>And also such unlikely places as Menindee, Lismore and  Grafton in NSW.

<snip -as much as I like it was my post anyway>

Sorry to reply to my own post but I am in all powerful mode tonite.

Of course the oddest train meeting ship occurrence was at Coffs Harbour
where the jetty railway was run by the Maritime Services Board which was a
sort of prehistoric port authority. A specially tarted up paybus was sent to
meet the Britannia to transport Madge* and her husband to their car for a
visit to the area. I can't remember which royal visit it was but it was the
new series of FP built in the late 60s. Maybe 1970 for the first bison
thing.

Barry Campbell

* Her majesty. Old jungle saying.