Re: Passenger Trains on Wharves

Rich wrote in message <393acc47@dnews.tpgi.com.au>...
>Melbourne had trains which met boats on Station Pier
>Did trains ever meet boats in Brisbane? I believe they did in Hobart,
>Adelaide, and Fremantle

The original South Brisbane station at Glenelg St (Where Southbank is now)
served the wharves. I don't know whether trains actually ever met the boats
though. There might have been the same situation also at Hamilton in
Brisbane as well as Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen, Townsville,
Cairns and Normanton.

But chances are that the ship came in when it came in, you got off and the
train left when it left. Queensland was much less formal in those days.

Barry Campbell