Re: Favourite train/tram [Aus wide]

--

"James C" <jamesccj@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
393a5dc4$0$8477$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:393a5dc4$0$8477$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Just something I would like to know:
>
> What's your all time favourite rolling stock?

Queensland Brown Bomber (Roller bearing) C17 4-8-0
BR Deltic (preferably doing the ton!!)

Also like VLine C Diesels, and I reckon those ATN L's are going to be pretty
high on the list - how about ATN acquiring a couple of C's!! (and painting
them)

> What's your favourite suburban train?

Brisbane Tin Set and Sydney Red Rattler (preferably running late with the
doors wide open, and winning on the 6 tracks!!)

> what's your favourite interurban train?

Sydney to Newcastle in a DD Sparky

> Favourite Intercity train?(v/line or XPT/tilt train or day trains)

Newcastle Express (Flyer) 46 + 38 combo, Wallangarra Mail

> Favourite long distance train? (Land crusing style such as Indian Pacific
> and Queenslander or mail train)

Southern Aurora and Rocky Mail

> Favourite route?
Brisbane Valley Branch - Wulkuraka (Ipswich) to Yarraman

> Favourite tram?
Bendigo Birney

> Favourite station?
Mayne Junction (Brisbane)

Can't help if I'm a bit older than some of you, and got some great
memories!!

--
Rob Bushby
South Coast Extended (HO - NSWGR)