Re: [Qld/WA] QR SMU go to Transperth??

Please disregard my previous post.  Obviously I erred.  A report in
this morning's (06/06/2000) " West Australian" leads with...."Rail
Chiefs seek new trains"  The following is edited...."The Department of
Transport is expected to ask the State Government this week for $800
million to spend on extra trains for Parth's passenger rail
network....The Director-General said yesterday that between 116 and
120 two-carriage train sets were needed to keep up with existing
demand and to cope with the proposed extension of the network
(Mandurah in the South, and Clarkson in the North).  The purchase @
$6.72 million per train set, would more than triple the network's
current stock of 48 train sets.  THe D-G said that 20 train sets were
needede for the existing network, which was struggling to meet
passenger demand.

Doug.