Re: Whats your fav loco?

What about the NSWGR 44 class?

For me they took a bit of getting used to, but eventually they won me over.
Even running No 2 end first they have a classic shape - and boy can they smoke!
The clincher was when I was told that they are made of wood - and sure enough
the next time I saw one I knocked on a side panel and whaddya know - plyboard!