Pt Pirie question (was longest train)

When did trains stop using the Pirie platform BG & SG.

What happens at Pirie now, yard still work, the wharf, loco depot?

I ask because just this week I have been printing some old (1978) negs. I
took the BG to Pirie and basically wandered around the place all day taking
as many pics as I could before reboarding the BG back to Adelaide. That
train was called the "East/West" wasn't it? Strange cos the damn thing went
north/south!

Tell, if I sent you a pic of a pass in the Pirie platform would you be able
to tell me if it was the IP, Trans or Ghan?

Mark