Re: The future of disused lines in NSW

Chris Reardon (creardon@metz.une.edu.au) wrote:
> I wanting to know what is the intended future for the 'abandoned' lines in
> rural areas of NSW.

There is a very strong push to reopen Tumut and Bombala for log traffic.
It will cost big $$$ even to branch line standard, but the platers are
serious. Th alternative would be 60 B doubles per day out of Tumut alone
when the new timber mill is in full production, and the Shire doesn't like
that idea.

There are also some moves on Inverell and Glen Innes, but I don't have any
details.

When does Kandos - Gulgong reopen? Was supposed to be mid-August.

Cheers
David