The future of disused lines in NSW

   Hi there

I wanting to know what is the intended future for the 'abandoned' lines in
rural areas of NSW.  I assume that most of these lines will not be reopened
again, at least not until the state and federal governments can be convinced
to take money away from the cars, trucks and the destructive highways they
travel on (which with the inevitable demise of fossil fuels will become
extremely expensive). Whilst passenger travel may not be fesable in some
areas, I can't understand why more emphasis isn't being placed on rail
freight. It was done quite alot earlier, in fact even in the 20 years that
i've been alive i've seen livestock sent from the North Coast to the
Riverina by train. can someone please give some reason to hold faith that
some of the busier and more important lines will see action again?

thanks

chris