Re: Carfloats...?...

Unfortunatel;y no.

Only AUS rail on water vehicles I know are

1. Clarence R, Grafton NSW. Train Ferries Swallow and Induna, see RTM
Roundhouse articles by Bremer.

2. Sydney Trams. Punt across Spit (middle Harbour).

Both only in use for stock transfer, not Passenger transfer.

Both replaced by movable span bridges.

But there should have been a Sydney equivalent to NY Xharb.... shunting
Cockatoo dock, Berry's bay and Garden Is..

cheers