Re: Brief trip report MEL-CBR-MEL and thoughts on 737 vs A320 cabins.

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
eiTe5.366645$MB.5814611@news6.giganews.com">news:eiTe5.366645$MB.5814611@news6.giganews.com...
> > > Here is another case for the SpeedRAIL alternative. Would you have
gone
> by
> > > train if it was comparable to flying time. By that I mean the time it
> > takes
> > > to get from your house to the airport, check-in board depart land pick
> up
> > > bag (if any) then get to your destination against leaving your home,
> > getting
> > > to the station, boarding the train, arriving at destination.
> >
> > Probable not. Trains are not as interesting as planes.
> Who says? I find both interesting.
>
> > If I had to go for some reason, then maybe.
>
> Which is the point of the whole discussion. Which would be the preferred
> mode on this sector for people who *have* to travel.

If it really saved time, or if the extra time was insignificant, then I
would take the train assuming it was cost effective. For pleasure, I would
take the plane as I prefer them. Same reason I fly to Tassie rather than
take the Spirit of Tasmania.