Re: Brief trip report MEL-CBR-MEL and thoughts on 737 vs A320 cabins.

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:45:27 +0930, "Taliesin Walker"
<taliesin@nospam.chariot.net.au> wrote:

>Also, won't travelling on the train fare be less than the airfare? I heard
>that the coach class fare would be similar to the bus? Is this true?
>
>Tali
>
>David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
>Cmye5.915$AU.7984@news0.optus.net.au">news:Cmye5.915$AU.7984@news0.optus.net.au...
>> Dave Proctor (daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>> > Considering city-centre to city-centre journey times, it would probably
>be
>> > comparable. The clincher would be reliability, the knock on effect of
>delays
>> > at Sydney airport impacting on MEL-CBR flights, and the lack of delays
>on
>> > the train, might be what swings many people over on this sector.
>>
>> And think of the chaos when Sydney and/or Melbourne and/or Canberra are
>> affected by fog, as is common.
>>
>> Cheers
>> David

I'm out of touch on all this. Can someone update me? Last I heard was
that a High Speed Rail service was to be built and operated between
SYD and CBR by some consortium including QF. Is that still the case?
Is it also going to operate to MEL? Have they started building? When
will the service start? Is it a true High Speed Track, securely
fenced, no level crossings, exclusive to High Speed Trains etc.?
Thanks!