Re: [NSW] Useless extra DVA?!

"Dr Morals" <linuxnewbie@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
397a1538$0$11170$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:397a1538$0$11170$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Jonathon
>
> You are dead right what a silly anouncement. Unless of course like me you
> have'nt been Sydney all that long and are'nt aware that you can get to
> Parramatta by catching the Blacktown train. Good one

Uisng this reason the announcement should have been "The train on platform
number 1 goes to Blacktown via Chatswood, St. Leonards, North Sydney,
Central, Strathfield, Lidcombe, Granville, Parramatta. First stop Gordon,
then Killara, Lindfield,Roseville....." and so on. No need to have the "via
Parramatta" part of thefirst part, as it is in the second part, where the
stopping patternis announced.

Dave