Re: Platform 18, Central Station... When are they gunna get some seats, please?

eikkert@my-deja.com wrote:

> They seemed to have promoted the use of natural light with the amount of
> glass being used in the place.

To the point of being dangerous for guards watching their trains out of the
platform near the lifts.

> I don't understand those panes of glass
> near the lifts. They seem lamost openable, but not.

I don't understand why they have a very long wall of glass, and then put the
plasma screens in front of it, so all you can see looking through is the back of
the plasma screen cabinets!

> I do have a question: where do the stairs at platform 10 lead to? I
> didn't notice exit portals anywhere on the lower concourse of central.

They go into the old baggage tunnels.  They will connect up to the new stairs
that have been dug into the suburban platforms.  They will probably also connect
directly to the lift going down to 24/25 platforms.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au