Re: Gold Coast light and heavy rail (was: Re: [QLD] Brisbane Light Rail Scrapped)

James C <noemail@emailsux.com> wrote:

> > One thing this GC rail project is going to need is multimodal ticketing
> > if its going to work.
> They already got them...it's call South East Explorer.....cost fair bit
> (20$) but it covers Gold Coast and Brisbane region......i'm not sure if it
> covers Sunshine coast or Toowoomba thou

It sort of does. When I bought one (April last year) the map showed it
as valid on the buses in Toowoomba, but not the buses *to* Toowoomba.
And although it claimed to be valid on all the local buses on the
Sunshine coast, the Calbooture bus driver hadn't heard of them and
refused to accept it.

I hope things have improved since then!