Re: [NSW] (and perhaps all of Australia!) Poor frequencies

The problem with CityRail is the publicity stunt of maintaining on-time
trains.

As I've said many times before...if services are frequent enough (i.e.
15 min between trains on let's say, Main North), then you can basically
STUFF the public timetables (like what they'll do for Olympic Park
Metro for the O word), and people will NEVER know when trains are 3 min
late or whatever. All CityRail has to do in this case is a guaranteed
minimum frequency (and that means over 3 trains/hour for any sort of
suburban work).

unfortunately the government probably still enjoys the bucket-loads of
megabucks that come from 3x3 and of course politicians themselves
probably only ever get on trains when a new line opens.

In article <8F7486D6CgunzelT333@vic.news.telstra.net>,
  Michael Kurkowski <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote:
> Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> said:
>
> >The problem is...WILL the work be finished before September??? They
SAY
> >it will be, at the rate it's going, doubts loom.
> >
> >It is horrible to have to stand for around half an hour I
> >know...happenes to me when I'm on the main north line as
> >well...especially after a bit of rain and the seats are wet.
>
> In the ideal world, you shouldn't even have to wait for a train for
more
> than 15 minutes during the day. Alas, it happens, and it drives
people away
> from public transport in droves. As it stands, it's disgusting to
have to
> wait 30 minutes for a train at any time, let alone the day.
>
> Michael

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.