Re: Yet more radios needed

To answer the question that I was asked on what is being proposed:

All trains travelling in areas covered by MetroNet (basically, City Rail
electrified areas where City Rail services operate - i.e. not goods lines)
will require a MetroNet radio in the cab (either portable or fixed) for the
purpose of authorising of passing signals at STOP by a signaller, and for
use in emergency situations. There are plenty of issues related to this, but
not for discussion here at present.

--
Robert Parnell
Rail Access/Argus Telecommunications Technician, Electronics Enthusiast,
8krf3v$2nb1$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:8krf3v$2nb1$1@otis.netspace.net.au...