Re: Yet more radios needed

They wouldn't have to change channel with most trunking systems, I am
totally against Motorola GRN but at least it has it's act together on that
side, the radio does all the work, the rail networks would just have to
setup a proper trunking network of their own and then the radios will vote
for the strongest repeater at set intervalls, the only time they would have
to change channel is to talk simplex radio to radio  without a repeater
which would be handy for the countrylink attendants and if they wanted to
get technical then they could start adding different talkgroups and be able
to change channel as they went into each durisdiction but apart from only
haveing one radio that is defeating the purpose and getting too technical.
they could even talk to each other from tweed heads to sydney if they wanted
and it was setup correctly. Not sure if you  folks know much about this side
of things or understand what I just said but that is my two cents worth,
that is how most services are going,  look at the Rural Fire Service, that
is how there system is setup and on theirs when shit hits the fan they can
connect the whole bloody lot up and can talk just about anywhere in the
state to the other side.

396F83F0.99EDCE6B@lisp.com.au">news:396F83F0.99EDCE6B@lisp.com.au...