Re: [OT] This year's obsession with Frutiger

Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
8kna9k$fkf$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8kna9k$fkf$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> At around the time that Microsoft Office 97 was released, the trend
> that MS set was to use FranklinGothic family fonts (so to match their
> retail box design!). Now that Tahoma has kicked in, many are finding it
> inappropriate as it simply doesn't look good in print. So here comes
> Frutiger/Humanist 777. Everyone's now obsessed with FrutigerRoman
> family fonts. Take a look at newspaper ads, TV ads (AMP, ING Banking
> etc), signage (CityRail)...EVERYONE is using FutigerRoman/Humanist 777.
>

> I wonder what the next trendy font might turn out to be?

I do all my school assignments in Verdana as of 2000. The font looks ok in
print, especially at small sizes 8/10. Tahoma is a derivative of Verdana.
Verdana is a derivative of Frutiger. I have a Frutiger clone called
"Frobisher".

Humanst521 is a font I have, very similar to Frutiger.

Anyways I'll stick with Verdana for all my programs and for my website,
unless I can find a different font which is as common and beautiful at small
sizes. I used to prefer Tahoma, but when I changed to 1024*768 I have
everything I can in Verdana... yes, I am obsessed with the font.

The next trendy font will probably be ISOCP. Gotta love optical character
recognition!

Mitch