Re: [OT] This year's obsession with Frutiger

At around the time that Microsoft Office 97 was released, the trend
that MS set was to use FranklinGothic family fonts (so to match their
retail box design!). Now that Tahoma has kicked in, many are finding it
inappropriate as it simply doesn't look good in print. So here comes
Frutiger/Humanist 777. Everyone's now obsessed with FrutigerRoman
family fonts. Take a look at newspaper ads, TV ads (AMP, ING Banking
etc), signage (CityRail)...EVERYONE is using FutigerRoman/Humanist 777.

I wonder what the next trendy font might turn out to be?

In article <396F11A8.D697444F@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Frank Jones wrote:
>
> > If you have access to a Corel Draw CD-ROM, it contains an equivalent
> > called 'Humanist 777'. It is available in normal, light and black
> > weights, in PostScript and TrueType formats.
> >
> > BTW, Frutiger is one of National Rail's 'corporate fonts' and is the
> > font used in their logo which appears on their locos, rolling stock,
> > signage, stationery etc. Another font widely used in some of their
> > literature is Caslon 224, which is also on the Corel Draw CD.
>
> I heard that CityRail is moving away from Arial and towards Frutiger.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/