[NSW] Olympics Timetable, Draft 1

OK after a look at the Olympic Timetables, draft 1, here are some of
the things that WILL happen:

* Liverpool to City via Bankstown trains will all go into the City
Circle via Town Hall (City Outer) and return to Liverpool via the same
way it came.

* East Hills trains, as expected, all go into the Airport. However East
Hills only trains are still in a mess as there are 2 stopping patterns,
so not to slow down the extra 2 Macarthur trains per hour.

* On the Eastern Suburbs line (Central to Bondi), there are some
strange 10min frequency services between Central and Bondi only...where
they come from I don't know. Just makes me wonder why that would happen
at all though. Probably acts as a shuttle so to boost the frequency on
the Eastern Suburbs line to a uniform 5-min equal interval.

* Northern line still gets exactly the same crappy all stations service
to Burwood in the off-peak, with the exception of Concord West where
ALL trains that pass there will stop. 2 additional trains are added in
the off-peak to call at Pennant Hills, Beecroft, Epping, Eastwood, West
Ryde, Meadowbank and Concord West (and does not call at Burwood) and
proceeds to North Sydney. In the peak though it is absolutely atrocious
as the current 4 trains/hour to Epping-only are extended all the way to
Hornsby, and the current 4 fast suburban trains/hour to Hornsby are all
removed. Intercity services remain at about the same level.

* Campbelltown to City via Liverpool (no trains via Regent's Pk) will
have 6 trains/hr, 4 from Campbelltown and 2 from Liverpool. To make up
for losses at Burwood, all trains will stop there except for 2 of the
Campbelltown trains/hr. Liverpool trains will make an additional stop
at Flemington in conjunction with the slow West trains to make up for
the losses from the removal of the all-stops Liverpool via Regent's Pk
trains. The Liverpool trains will also to the City Circle via Museum
(City Inner) to return to Liverpool (I presume).

* North Shore (Hornsby to Gordon) will get a 11/19 min service interval
alternating between trains that proceed to all stops on the main north
or slow west. Each hour there will be a minimum of 14 trains departing
North Sydney, 6 of which will call at Burwood--two to the West and one
to all stops main north (I'm capitalising on Burwood because the press
was the first to say that Burwood is the big loser in this timetable).
I'll also assume the morning and afternoon fast Central Coast via North
Shore trains are still in existence given that there are a limited
number of these trains that have exactly the same stopping pattern in
the morning and afternoon peaks.

* Up Short North (Hornsby to Berowra) trains will now be operated by
West trains as opposed to trains that will proceed to all stops main
north.

* CityRail has finally done something wise by NOT printing the exact
times that trains will arrive and depart Olympic Park :-)...only the
expected frequencies are given. Even in the event of some train not
being able to make it there the passengers wouldn't have a clue...so
long as the don't announce "the next train has been cancelled for today
only".

* Station dwell times have been increased to 2 min at many major
stations.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.