Re: (NSW) Wooden escalator treads

A recent issue of Modern Railways carried a comment that London Underground
was regretting the money it spent replacing wooden escalator treads, which
had been found not to be the major cause of the KX fire, in lieu of spending
that money on more effective fire detection and suppression equipment, and
better arrangements for the evacuation of travellers and staff.

Graham Smith