Re: Countrylink Alcohol Problems

eikkert@my-deja.com wrote in <8k8p4n$5cp$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:

>On Friday I was talking to a countrylink staffer and they said the staff
>were trying hard to get alcohol banned on ALL countrylink trains. This
>was after somebody had to get thrown off the Central West XPT at Orange
>because he was pissed and abusive after three VBs. She said the alcohol
>simply made the job a nightmare, especially on the North Coast services
>and that the problem was getting worse on all the trains.
>
>On the return journey from Dubbo, the Guard's (sorry "Passenger Services
>Supervisor") carriage had rubbish everywhere and the bin was full of VB
>cans.
>
>It's a shame that a minority are going ruin the journey for everyone
>else. Personally I think restricting alcohol to first class passengers
>to start off with may be the go to see if this improves things.

Countrylink also have a couple of cars (C and D??) where alcohol is not
allowed to be consumed. It would be nice if they offered the passengers a
choice of alcohol or non alchohol accomodation. As far as I go, I don't
drink alcohol much, so where possible I request seat C21 both ways. The
only downfall is the buffet is right in the middle of the alcohol
consumption exclusion zone, so you still occasionally have to cope with the
alcoholic drongos making a nuisence of themselves, fully tanked, trying to
walk through your non-alcohol car. This is not to say that all people under
the influence are drongos of course, but there are the few, as mentioned
above that spoil it for all.

Michael

--
     Email: michael {DOT} kurkowski {AT} gunzel {DOT} net
          (Any mail sent to usenet.spam@gunzel.net

                Tolulene, you know what I mean.