Re: Countrylink Alcohol Problems

Non-alcohol carriages no longer exist on Countrylink XPT's (never did
on Xpl's).
Most problems with alcohol are caused by people joining train already
tanked up and it then only takes a few more drinks for them to become
a problem.
Better to get rid of them early in the journey when it is easy to get
police. After Maitland difficult to get any prior to Taree. Therefore
better to have full strength beer as they take longer on light.
Why should 99% of passengers be brought down to the lowest common
denominator because of a few yobbos?
Better to train staff to deal with alcohol problems and treat the
majority as the decent people that they are.