Re: CityRail stuffs up again?

Sounds like practical decision making in progress.

A freight broke down at Lithgow last Thursday morning.  Result the 8:45 from
Hazelbrook to Central was going to be 35 minutes late (400+ Mountains
passengers would catch this train in School Hols).  To ease the situation
the 6:33 Central to Mt Victoria service was terminated at Katoomba and run
straight back down the Mountains.  City bound passengers (Katoomba down)
were then only 10 minutes late (down to 6 late at Penrith).  A bus was being
sought for those passengers travelling west of Katoomba.

A very intelligent and practical response to the situation - and not an
uncommon approach in such a situation.  The needs of the many sensibly won
out.

Chris

39657114$0$11167$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39657114$0$11167$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...