Re: Signalling Questions in Brisbane?

> So why has QR taken a system  that they're 99% familiar with and added
> the complexity of a BR system that they're not familiar  with  to it.

I don't know why I wrote this statement upon reading it later. I must
have been distracted by my kid. However what I meant to say was why has
QR taken 99% of the British system and added the complexity of point
sequencing to it ie putting the home signals right on the points (ala
NSW practice) therefore requiring the overlap to be proved before
swinging it. In UK they put the homes back about 185m from the points
to minimise this.

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/