Re: [SA]-[VIC] 2000 class railcars

Aside from tourist services, the only Passenger Rail news coming out of Adelaide
is doom and gloom - sort of reminiscent of the glorious 1970's in the rest of
Australia.  From reading Catchpoint there are rumours floating around about the
possible closure of the Outer Harbor line north of Glanville (there are already
2 bus routes up that way dont you know), and also possibly the Tonsley line (we
want to build another O-bahn and we need the right of way).

Adelaide's a great city, but there really are some sad cases in State Parliament
who really have no idea about transport, and in years to come this will be
looked back upon as a dark period in transport planning in SA (right up there
with 1979(?) when the Modbury Corridor light rail project was cancelled by the
newly elected (lib) State Govt in favour of the modern, world class, thoroughly
up to date, export generating O-bahn).

BTW, does anyone know what's the latest on the Murraylander tourist train
proposal?  This was due to start months ago, but I've not heard anything for
yonks.