Re: [SA]-[VIC] 2000 class railcars

Arthur Marsh <marsh@ties.itu.ch> wrote in message
395f2f1f$1_2@news.chariot.net.au">news:395f2f1f$1_2@news.chariot.net.au...
> TransAdelaide seem to be using 3000/3100 class railcars exclusively now,
and
> it does seem that passenger numbers have been declining over the years.
The
> single line operation of the Belair line and removal of the loop at Outer
> Harbor hasn't helped on-time running either.
Yes, Jumbos only used during peak hour, rarely you'd see JUmbo around during
the day. I found this moves actually portect Jumbos for vandalising:-) 3000
and 3100 are badly vandalised.

> In spite of competing services from Serco buses to Elizabeth, there has
been
> no increased express running on the Gawler Central line, and the Noarlunga
> Centre line (once designed to be further extended but now that's looking
> unlikely given housing developments over land reserved for extension) lost
> some express services when stabling at Port Stanvac was introduced. No
> increase of Tonsley services has been introduced despite increased
> residential development at Mitchell Park.
Tonsley line is a stone trow from Flinders University and a hospital, shotr
and cheap extension would easily gather lots of patrons, peak hours only
timetable don't help plus no weekend services. I was in Adelaide for a few
days last week and I found Tonsley trains are vertually empty.  Gawler
trains stops too many stops and Dry Creek trains aren't very well patronised
either.

Noarlunga line trains are very full all the time. Except it takes too long
to get there, they need express running for sure.

> All in all, the last 10 years of TransAdelaide's train operations has seen
> reduction in services, reduction in the competitiveness of services,
> although the 3000/3100 railcars, track and platform refurbishments have
been
> welcome.
>
> Anyone for TransAdelaide commuter services to Roseworthy or the Barossa
> valley? (-:
>
> Arthur.
I also took the Bluebird wine train, I found Bluebirds ran slowly beyound
Gawler Central due to bad track condition, Bluebirds also mentioned track
and station ownership complication between State government and local
council and ASR prevevnted them  to run more frequent service. It's a pity
Bluebirds always wanna operate trains to the beautiful township of Angaston
and certainly beyound Tanuda.

Cheers
James