Re: Sleeping Car (heating)

Ummm...  This is off the top of my head, but ....

Marc's notebook is from November, when heating didn't happen.

The Gold Coast train, before it had FAMs, had the power van on the air
conditioned passenger cars and generally MAL sleepers.  I don't think the
North Coast ever had heating!

The Cooma Mail was heated from the loco in winter (David B's details) with
cars coded XFS, XBS, XCM, XAM, MHX.

The seasonal Kosciusko Snow Express ran with steam up to 1965 to allow steam
heating, then for a few years with A.C. power from an EHG van (these were
originally converted from MHGs to power vans for refrigerated containers).
Cars with AC heating were recoded EFS, ECM, EAM.

Rgds

Bill