Re: Sleeping Car (heating)

You're  right of course.
I can remember one or two occasions when working late at SM Sydney when the
cry went up when a non-electric fitted 48 class would be rostered for the
Cooma Mail. As I recall it was only Mark I 48's had the additional
recepticale for electric heating.
As for EAM's being heated from a power van, I don't think I've ever actually
seen a power van attached to a Non-Air train to provide sleeping car
heating, unless it was a hangover from the old "Melbourne Express" days, but
as I say sounds perfectly reasonable.

--
Marc Hunt
nospam-march@pip.com.au