Re: 6042 in south australia?

Rod Gayford wrote...

<<Gee we will really see the effects of Dorrigo weather on aluminium bodied
rail cars now that DEB & 600 sets have been hauled up there.>>

Given the effectiveness of our conservation practices on the steel and
wooden rolling stock, the DEB and 620/720 cars shouldn't be too much of a
problem. All the broken windows have been replaced with windows from the
cars we scrapped at Mascot, and all the roof fittings have been sealed.

If you want to see the effects on aluminium vehicles, have a look at FP9 and
FP13. They have been at Dorrigo for some years, without showing any
significant ill effects.

Trevor