[VIC] Robinvale Tour (was: Steamrail tours Update)

>From my point of view the Robinvale tour is one of the biggest dissapointments
of the year. Instead of having a "traditional" weekender with overnight travel
in sleeping cars you end up spending most nights just sitting in a sidings or
doing "sightseeing". The date also means that people like me who are students
or anyone else who can't get a holiday on the Monday won't be able to go on
this tour. The price of $500 for a trip to Robinvale is also a bit high for
many people. Many railfans haven't been to this destination for years and this
particular tour will cut many people out. Its just another case of Steamrail
trying to compromise between a "railfan" tour and a tourist trip. If I went to
Robinvale, I want to enjoy what most railfans go on these trips for, train
travel. I wouldn't want to stop at every small town just for sightseeing! I
hope Steamrail runs a proper "railfan" tour to Robinvale in the future, it
could possibly be the annual diesel tour for 2001 or 2002. I know I would book
on it because it is one of the few Victorian lines left that I haven't been on.
I would find it hard to believe that tours like the Kulwin and Panitya tours in
1998 aren't viable in 2000. Oh well, I'll just have to chase it. It looks like
Steamrail won't be getting any money out us this time.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au