Re: Validators that NEVER work

Peter Shute wrote:

 Just wondering how common the following problem is:

 The validator at my station (Middle Footscray) has rarely even been
 turned on since mid December. I report it in the morning and sometimes
 in the evening if I notice it on the way home. I must have reported it
 20 times or more in the last month. They claim it is being fixed
 within half an hour of being reported

 It would appear that either they are fibbing or someone is wrecking it
 several times a day. Is it possible that people are doing something to
 it so they can't be caught without a validated ticket? Is this
 happening at other stations?

 And why do the staff laugh at me when I report it now?

 Peter Shute

One of the problems the green validators have in Melbourne is that they
go
troppo if sunlight shines on them. This is a regular occurrence at
Reservoir
(up platform). Could this be thr problem at Middle Footscray. BTW they
are
fixed by the station attendant standing in front of the for 30 seconds.

John McCallum