Re: Validators that NEVER work

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:44:29 +1100, John Duncan McCallum
<mccallum@melbpc.org.au> wrote:

>One of the problems the green validators have in Melbourne is that they

This one's grey.

>go
>troppo if sunlight shines on them. This is a regular occurrence at
>Reservoir
>(up platform). Could this be thr problem at Middle Footscray. BTW they
>are
>fixed by the station attendant standing in front of the for 30 seconds.

The sun does shine on it in the morning, but it's stuffed in the
evening too, and all night, and when it's cloudy.  There was a period
mid 1999 when it was closed a lot (but not off), but apart from that
it's worked very well before that and until December, irrespective of
the weather.

I'd say this validator is just stuffed, or someone has found a way of
turning it off. I must have reported it at least 30 times. I'm not
reporting it anymore, and the next ticket checker that challenges me
about an un-revalidated ticket will have a very hard time.
Peter Shute