Re: NSW CityRail upgrading query

Anita Lukaszyk wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I was just looking at the CityRail upgrading webpage
> http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/upgrading/SUM000207-000213.htm
>
> For the Western/Blue Mountains Line it says services will be diverted via
> the freight lines. Does anyone know which lines? I know of lines at Enfield,
> one near Summer Hill station and Flemington. Will  they be included?

No!

> Is there anyone who has actually done this journey? I'd be interested to
> find out how long it took on top of a regular journey. Although it says 30
> minutes, its usually longer...

Yes, I did it! It is not the most efficient way of running a railway...

by the time trains actually arrived at Central (confusion reigned supreme there
I can tell you..), and the train waited and then left, I had been tormented by
the fact that driving or walking may have been faster..

The trip via Enfield was fast. the Train sped along the freight lines and zipped
around into Lidcombe, only to sit for 15 minutes while it waited for bus
connections from Strathfield *Grrrrr*.

When it finally decided to leave Lidcombe, it then run all stations.

I arrived at Central off the XPT from Melb at 7.15pm, and then caught a train to
Westmead, arriving at 8.45pm.

Maybe the trips during the day would have better connections, and smaller
layover times.

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.