Re: NSW CityRail upgrading query

Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
APfj4.10307$3b6.48767@ozemail.com.au">news:APfj4.10307$3b6.48767@ozemail.com.au...

> For the Western/Blue Mountains Line it says services will be diverted via
> the freight lines. Does anyone know which lines? I know of lines at
Enfield,
> one near Summer Hill station and Flemington. Will  they be included?

* Enfield then Bankstown line via Sydenham.

> Is there anyone who has actually done this journey? I'd be interested to
> find out how long it took on top of a regular journey. Although it says 30
> minutes, its usually longer...

* Down Journey - From Central, the train goes on the Ilawarrra Local line
first, crosses to Bankstown line at Sydenham, cross to the "down" Bankstown
line before Campsie Station and eventually cross to the "up" goods line
after Campsie Station (sometimes there are signalling delays at Campsie and
the beginning of the Enfield goods line but this is expected), pass Enfield
Goods Yard on the Main goods line, Flemington Junction and Lidcombe then
normal journey.

The intercity train to the Blue Mountains would go under the Illawarra Dive
after Redfern Station, goes on the Main Illawarra line and crosses to
Bankstown line before Sydenham Station.

* Up Journey - From Lidcombe, the train goes on the Enfield Goods line at
Flemington Junction, pass Enfield Goods Yard on the Main line (it used to
pass DELEC, which is more unusual = but now the line is closed), then it
continues on the goods line until Marrickville, where it crosses on the
North Folk (in full view of the XPT depot) and back on the "up" Bankstown
line at Sydenham and on the Illawarra Local line. Finally it crosses to
normal line before Central (arches at the new Airport Link Junction).
Sometimes there are signalling delays on the "up" goods line especially at
the end of the North Folk at Sydenham but this is expected.

The intercity train from the Blue Mountains would cross to Illawarra Main
line Sydenham Station, goes under the Illawarra Dive before Redfern. Or
otherwise it sticks with the Illawarra Local line, cross to the Local line
before Redfern and then cross to Main Line before Central - delays can
happen in that route.

Hope this helps.
Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au