Re: Try Citytrain

In article <388D7D42.4599498D@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> thalytgv@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > I'm off to Brisbane next week for a few days. I'm wishing to try out
> > all Citytrain's rolling stock. (EMU, IMU, SMU, SMU2 and hopefully
the
> > recent refurbished EMU set 01 and set 04)
> >
> > However I only have 1 full day spare, is it possible to try all 4
> > different rolling stocks within the same day?
>
> Go to the timetable vending machine at http://qroti.bit.net.au and
ask for all
> trains between Bowen Hills and Roma Street.  It will then tell you
what type of
> rollingstock all the trains should be.  Unfortunately, QR do not
differentiate
> between EMUs and SMUs.  Generally, all Shorncliffe trains are EMUs.
>
> --
> David Johnson

As far as I know IMUs are almost exclusively use on Gold Coast line,SMU
and SMU2 maybe harder to find as I've been told SMU2 aren't fully
deliver yet, and original SMUs are relatively small in number (36). I
think the best way will be wait at Roma Street platform and hope they
will show up!

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/