Re: Pendennis Castle

We should remember that 4079 is not just any UK steam locomotive...
It is historically significant because it was involved in the famous 1925
interchange trails, when selected engines from each of the 'big four' UK
railway companies were put to work on competing company's routes.  A lot of
scientific testing was done at the time.  Pendennis Castle worked from Kings
Cross to the north on LNER tracks... competing with the locomotives of the
A3 (Flying Scotsman) class. I think this is why it was preserved in the
first place.

BTW - Didcot is one of the best railway museums in the world, in my humble
opinion.  I can't think of a better place for this historic machine.

Regards
Ed